Saturday, August 25, 2007

Embrey vs. Adams

After reading what Embrey wrote, and looking at the pictures that Adams took, I couldn't believe the dramatic differences and contrast between the two. Embrey's writing made me feel very sad about what was going on for her and her family, the way she felt about the situation and the things she had to deal with seemed terrible. Adams photos however were almost completly the opposite. The photo's Adams took, showed people looking happy and like they were having a good time. It seems that Embrey's writing captured the hardships, where as Adam's photos captured the time when people seemed to have forgotten about their troubles and were trying to have a good time.

-Gabby Henskens

2 comments:

n-weiss said...

That is the exact same way I saw Adam's pictures. He made it seem like a happy place to live. I completely agree with the way in which you answered this question.

Lucas Smith said...

I also agree with Gabby's interpretation of the two selections. I thought it was good how she explained how each of them made her feel and specuated as to what each of the author's were trying to focus on. The only criticism I have is that she may have wanted to be a little more specific on the details of what was actually contained in each selection. (a quote or something may be appropriate) Overall, it is a very nice response.