Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Travelogue of an Astronomer

I think that Hameed is an astronomer that is just taking a nice vacation. He spends so the time to include the history of the islands so that we would have an idea of where he was, what he was looking at, and how amazing they were. He describes the Canary Islands with great detail because that is what he actually came their to do. I think he describes only a little of what he sees through the telescope because he did not take as much time to study and observe the object, as he did the Canary Islands.

1 comment:

Katie D said...

I disagree with you when you said that his reason for traveling there was to see the islands. I think that his original intention was to actually study the stars. But I do agree that he ended up spending more time observing the island and its people so that is what he was able to reflect on.