Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Travelogue of an Astronomer

In this writing the author includes more detail about the island itself rather than what he is really doing. This is great because I felt like I was on the island with the author. He describes the island with such great detail for example he writes about the endless twist and turns in the road. This made the story much more interesting because if he would have only talked about looking at the stars and galaxies then only other astronomers would have liked to read it, but with the great descriptions I felt like I was there with him. So I think he wrote more about the islands to make the readers feel like they were there with him in this experience.

1 comment:

BrittG said...

I completley agree, because I would not be very interested by this story witht out the vivid detail. I do not really know very much about astronomy, so therefore, it wouldnt interset me very much. But since he did use detail I did almost feel like I had escaped my dorm and entered this island.