Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Audience

My topic is whether residential BGSU students should be allowed to have pets other than fish in their dorm rooms. My audience is the general on-campus community, including students who live in the residence halls, the President of the University, and those in positions of authority. My essay is especially suitable for this audience because it effects every residential student, even those who do not wish to have pets, because they may have to deal with their roommates or neighbors having pets. Also, those in authority should know how students feel about the topic, and should consider the important points that I bring up in their consideration of this issue. One strategy that I use is to relate the issue directly to situations that students may find themselves in if they were permitted to have other pets on campus.

No comments: