Friday, September 28, 2007

Outline

I. Introduction
A. Meal Plan:
1. Bronze - $1,300
2. Silver - $1,600
3. Gold-$1,700
B. Rollover plan - Excess money rolls over into next semesters
C. Thesis: Incoming freshmen should not be required to purchase a meal plan because they
are too expensive, there are limited food places, and it does not cater to all
dietary needs.
II. Too expensive
A. Some may think that thirteen hundred dollars is not a lot of money, but for those
students who are paying their way through college it is.
B. The smallest meal plan is thirteen hundred dollars which does not get used up all the time
and would normally roll over, however the administration is aiming to get rid of the
rollover plan
C. BGSU Office if Residence Life (information of figures)
D. If the rollover is eliminated, students will lose a lot of money that they cannot afford to
waste.
III. Limited locations
A. Some of the dining halls have very odd hours of opertion, which makes it an
inconvenience to students
B. Example: Campus Corners only open 5-8 Monday-Thursday
C. BGSU dining hall hours
D. Most students like to have options of places to eat, but if they have odd operating hours,
the choices are limited
IV. Dietary Needs
A. Some want to eat healthy and not have to go to Wendy's for dinner because it is the only
places open late at night
B. Limited selection of healthy food, salad costs the most money, no nutritional facts ( for
those with allergies)
C. Dining Halls
V. Conclusion
A. We should be able to buy own food from stores which can help us learn responsibility and
independence



After outlining, I realized I need to fix up my conclusion to make sure it summarizes my thesis. I also need to add a counterargument and make sure that all of my examples and points relate back to my thesis. Lastly, I need to make sure I summarize each paragraph with a good sentence or two to wrap up each paragraph.

No comments: