Thursday, August 23, 2007

I found this article to be very interesting. I am someone who loves to travel. I have been to many places such as: The Bahamas, Tijuana Mexico,California, and this year Puetro Rico and New York. I have never minded being a tourist and it never really dawned on me how different the tourist and native's values, beliefs, and views are. Most natives are friendly, even in the poorest of places(Tijuana) The people in New York could be rude at times ,but for the most part were relatively nice. I think these different views are caused by growing up in completely different backgrounds and environments. I think hes able to convince the readers because most of us have been somewhere where we're not used to the place and he says things that is normal for anyone to think like I hope it doesn't rain, while the natives know that because of droughts they actually really do need it to

1 comment:

Andrea J. Johnson said...

One of the differences that i did not notice was about the rain. How the tourist hope that it does not rain while they are on vacatio, while the locals know they need rain because of drought, especially if the economy depends on rain.